Monday, July 28, 2008

Star style: Rachel Bilson

Recently I've noticed Rachel Bilson has been featured in many fashion magazines and celebrity gossip tabloids, and they're all basically raving on about how she's turning up to events looking severely stylish.

And maybe not every single thing she's wearing I dig, but I give her credit for looking good without being too overdone (former co-star who takes too much style credit, take note!) and most importantly, Ms Bilson isn't afraid of mixing colours! Gotta love her for that.

Loving the maroon-red pumps to brighten up the all-black ensemble. And her hair has that 'I'm-not-too-fussed-about-this-because-I-let-my-clothes-do-all-the-talking' vibe.


















She does the monochrome trend to perfection. I especially love the peep-toe pumps.


















Somehow this look reminds me of Snow White a little bit, but double points for matching the belt with the shoes. Who knew? She did.


















She rocked the zipper and one-shoulder dress trends way early - this was at a function in 2006. I personally think she looks really good in this outfit.


















Love how she's teaming the preppy shirt with a statement skirt.


















And now on to everyone's favourite, the paparazzi pictures. This outfit might look too busy at a glance, but I like the stripes teamed with the busy prints of the scarf. And the cropped jacket wins extra point too.


















Denim jacket looks good with anything. She is rocking the denim trend with statement bag and good-old fashioned boots.


















Loving the yellow scarf adding oomph to the biker jacket. The pumps don't look too bad either.


















I love the colour of her bag, and though I wouldn't do it myself, I somehow like the way it looks combined with the colour of her jumper.


















A sweet and simple look for autumn. The jacket/cardigan has a kind of tough-masculine neckline but it's toned down with the feminine dress. Lovely combination.


















This is probably the simplest of her looks in the batch. But I just have to put this outfit in for the sake of the navy blazer jacket. And it looks good teamed with the tan pumps.


















Loving the rock-band tee and blazer jacket combo. The yellow Dior tote gives the outfit a much-needed dash of colour.


















I personally think this doesn't look much like her usual style, but I like the tough-meets-sweet vibe of this outfit. And the brogues are also really cute.


















This is a really cool, casual look. There are a lot of colours involved, but she pulls it off effortlessly. I think a black-on-white T-shirt is perfect to add that extra boost to almost any outfit.


















This is probably one of my favourite casual looks of hers. The bag's colour is just awesome, and she's highlighted it with the Converse in the similar shade. The scarf dresses up the outfit a little without trying too hard.


















I like the simple-but-effective approach to this outfit. The boots will take her anywhere and the striped jumper is preppy-cool.


















She pulls off oversized jumper effortlessly. And the pewter boots somehow work with the yellow bag. Her scarf is great too.


















This is probably another one of my favourite looks. The scarf is just gorgeous and it gives her whole outfit a lift.


















Summer would be proud of this ensemble. She wears this dress with such ease, accessorising only to bring out the best of it.


















Loving the striped jumper with the denim shorts. Pretty dressing for the changing weather.


















(Images courtesy of rachel-b.org)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't know how this girl can make everything look so cool.

london said...

and i thought i was the only one who loved rachel bilson's style. her style is so casual, yet chic.

Sasha said...

I find her style is young and fun. May not be a fashion icon, but she wears some of the loveliest outfits.

Wendy said...

Rachel has that element to her that lets her make everything look cool.

yishyene said...

OMG RACHEL BILSON IS MY STYLE ICON. Absolutely love her.

Trendy Gourmandise said...

i like rachel very fahsion girl