Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Trend: owl prints


A while back, my friend came back from Japan and gave me an owl-pendant necklace as a gift. I didn't think much of it as fashion's favoured print until I started noticing the patterns everywhere, even in some local chain stores.

Then I did some random browsing on the net and I realised See by Chloé released some owl-print tops a few seasons back. The above picture is one of those tops. I also saw Topshop has a T-shirt with an owl picture on the front (which is über-cute, by the way). And Keds used caricatured owls as the print du jour to grace their signature canvas flats.

They're retro-cute and I would certainly want an owl-print top of my own soon, but I guess I won't do like owls do and stay up days and nights to wait on it becoming a fashion boom. After all, it's only another print before it's going to be replaced by other drool-worthy ones.

(Image courtesy of tobi.com)

3 comments:

K. said...

i was cool with those owl pendants up till Diva started selling them at like .. cheapass price
and everyone wears them (and by everyone i mean those bratty school girls with cake icing face)

but i still think the items are cute:D
and owls are cute..

Sasha said...

Yeah, now I remember the Diva pendant you're talking about. I'm not surprised that it's worn by all the schoolkids, though. :P

And I thought I'd try my luck with looking through the See by Chloé section in Myer, but they don't seem to carry the label anymore. *sigh*

K. said...

oh yea Myer took out see by chloe.. shucks.
but DJ next door stocks 'em.