Sunday, September 7, 2008

Miss Selfridge

I remember when I first stepped into a Miss Selfridge shop 12 years ago in The Netherlands. It was bright, loud and since I was only 9 back then, I thought it was too mature.

Fast forward to now, I find myself defending my love for chainstore stuff because I'm very impressed with Miss Selfridge's current collection. It's a mix pallette of quirky-preppy (think nautical details, ruffles and colours) and structured glamour (visible in the fabulous selection of 2-in-1 dresses, modernised work shirts and textured accessories).


One of the dresses (top left) is even named 'Alexa'! I'd like to think that it was named after the Alexa Chung, but then again, the details are cute enough for me to love it.

(Images courtesy of missselfridge.com)

No comments: